Name for the standard

Julian H humphries at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed Sep 17 14:50:47 CEST 2003

My 2 cents is that "descriptive" doesn't need to be part of the resulting
name, at least not part of the acronym or codon that is used for the
resulting standard.  Most folks want biology to be part of the name.

How about "XBio" ?  Nothing like it shows up in any of the xml coverage I
can find (it is used for a variety of smallscale software projects).  It
doesn't have to actually stand for any literal phrase (I like the
<http://xml.coverpages.org/xci.html>New Mexico District Court XML Interface
(XCI) ) which has a similar derived structure, but at any rate could be
"XML for Biology".   Xbio is easy to pronounce, somewhat distinctive,
contemporary sounding and short.

Julian

P.S. Xtax is also pretty interesting as a acronym, nice pairing of x's and
also easy to say and remember.

Julian Humphries
DigiMorph.Org
Geological Sciences
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712
512-471-3275

--=====================_172449812==.ALT

My 2 cents is that &quot;descriptive&quot; doesn't need to be part of the
resulting name, at least not part of the acronym or codon that is used
for the resulting standard.&nbsp; Most folks want biology to be part of
the name. <br><br>
How about &quot;XBio&quot; ?&nbsp; Nothing like it shows up in any of the
xml coverage I can find (it is used for a variety of smallscale software
projects).&nbsp; It doesn't have to actually stand for any literal phrase
(I like the <a href="http://xml.coverpages.org/xci.html">New Mexico
District Court XML Interface (XCI)</a> ) which has a similar derived
structure, but at any rate could be &quot;XML for
Biology&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp; Xbio is easy to pronounce, somewhat
distinctive, contemporary sounding and short.<br><br>
Julian<br><br>
P.S. Xtax is also pretty interesting as a acronym, nice pairing of x's
and also easy to say and remember.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Julian Humphries <br>
DigiMorph.Org <br>
Geological Sciences <br>