Correct term for collating/summarizing/consolidating/inferring from below

ben moretti bmoretti at CHARIOT.NET.AU
Wed Mar 12 22:54:02 CET 2003

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 10:14  PM, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Ainsi parlait Sauvenay Guillaume :
>> Kevin Thiele wrote:
>>> Consider this in the real world. If I have a number of descriptions
>>> of
>>> species, and from them I want to create a genus description, then I
>>> would /collate/ the genus description from the species descriptions.
>>> /Compile/ and /aggregate/ would also work, but I think collate works
>>> better.

I would call it "abstract". Rather like one creates an abstract data
type in programming, or one can also create objects that are abstract
representations, or models, of real-world things.

Cheers

Ben

--
ben moretti