Release of SDD 0.9 / Request for comments

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Mon Dec 22 12:58:34 CET 2003

As decided at the TDWG Annual Meeting, 21-26 October 2003 in Lisbon,
on 1. December 2003 we did release a stable review version "SDD 0.9".
However, it took me, Bob, and Kevin several weeks longer to finish
the associated documentations. Please take a look at:

  http://160.45.63.11/Projects/TDWG-SDD/index.html

and follow the link under "Overview of available schema
documentation".

It is shortly before Christmas and hopefully most of us have other
things to do or think than SDD. However, if you should have some time
over the holidays, or perhaps your new year's resolutions list is not
yet overly full, please do try to get involved.

We urgently need a fresh review and detailed criticism, especially
from those who either hold descriptive data, develop applications for
the identification of biodiversity, or are involved in GBIF and
intend to consume descriptive data.

The preferred medium for discussion is the SDD WIKI (see starting
page for link and explanation). If you have problems using the WIKI
do not hesitate to use the list instead. Please also respond to minor
issues and errors, perhaps by direct mail, so that we can eliminate
them over time.

Merry Christmas greetings to all of you,

Gregor
Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!