Modelling and XML

Leigh Dodds ldodds at INGENTA.COM
Wed Nov 21 09:23:03 CET 2001

As an outside, but interested, observer I'm keen to contribute
to this discussion in any way that seems useful. E.g. technical
help with XML.

Judging by the recent discussion there is progress being made
on this front. Is there any publically available documentation?

I'll also interject 2p/euro/cents at this point:

I believe I'd tackle this problem firstly from a modelling perspective:
can we agree upon, and define a model for the data that we're
capturing. It seems like there is a conceptual model inherent in the
data currently captured by DELTA and other formats, that is
separate to the details of its syntax.

Having agreed a particular model, a suitable syntax for expressing
that model would be the logical next step. XML seems like a good
fit for this, and, as I've noted elsewhere, can serialise graphs of
information.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Research Group, Ingenta | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"