Character hierarchies

Jim Croft jrc at ANBG.GOV.AU
Sat Dec 1 07:28:21 CET 2001

>The other qualifiers (misinterps etc) aren't in there yet, but will come.
>We'll have to be much more sophisticated that in my example, of course.
>
>Now how about "definately known to be unknown"

Very droll... However, Greg and I have discussed this in depth over a
bottle of red and have come to the firm conclusion that without the
attribute of "often misinterpreted as definitely known to be unknown", and
the corresponding "rarely misinterpreted as definitely known to be
unknown", accurate representation of author intent in biological
descriptions will never be possible...

So get to it - we expect to see this in the next software release, real
soon now...

jim

~ Jim Croft ~ jrc at anbg.gov.au ~ 02-62465500 ~ www.anbg.gov.au/jrc/ ~