characters/states

Stinger Stinger at FIU.EDU
Tue Jul 25 11:29:54 CEST 2000

I must wholeheartedly agree with Peter here, he has put his finger on an extremely important concept.  The measurement vs. dimension-reducing-semantic-construction argument should be extended to geocoding as well.  This appeared as a given to me but I have recently reviewed yet another geographic coding scheme.  I think that we might even actually be able to agree on some standard measurements within groups, even if we can't agree on how we are each going to interpret them.

--
Gerald "Stinger" Guala, Ph.D.
Keeper of the Herbarium

http://www.ftg.fiu.edu/