[TDWG-BDQ] Accuracy of Elevation (and georeference) from Smartphones and GPS

chapman.arthur at gmail.com chapman.arthur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 06:38:36 UTC 2019

I've invited you to fill out the following form:
Accuracy of Elevation (and georeference) from Smartphones and GPS

To fill it out, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqok1ffk9TuU7SJvppzJmZA12dhT02-I3GAZh4I-up2LF_-g/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

Sometime back, we sent around a form with a request to do some tests on
your GPS or Smartphone for us.

I have had a very poor response so far, and was hoping that you could take
10 minutes to carry out some tests for us.  If you are unable to find a
spot height or trig point, then use an identifieable point and report
against Google Earth as requested.

We are asking for this, because many of the published results are from the
USA or Europe, and we would like to get a good data set from a range of
locations.  Some testing I did recently on an outer island of Fiji gave
much worse results for elevation than we expected, although horizontal
accuracy was reasonable.

Details are below

Google Forms: Create and analyze surveys.