[TDWG-BDQ] Accuracy of elevation and georeferences from smartphones and GPS

Arthur Chapman biodiv_2 at achapman.org
Mon May 13 00:18:25 UTC 2019

Everyone on this list-serve have indicated an interest in Data Quality.

John Wieczorek and I are wanting as many people as possible to test out
the accuracy of GPS-enabled smartphones and GPS-receivers for recording
elevation and georeferences.

We would like you to run some tests and fill out the Google form at:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqok1ffk9TuU7SJvppzJmZA12dhT02-I3GAZh4I-up2LF_-g/viewform

Please pass the link on to anyone else you think may be interested.  We
are wanting results from all around the world as we suspect there may be
some differences in different countries (possibly due to different
vertical datums being used).

Thanks to all.

Arthur

--