[TDWG-BDQ] Task Group 2 Tests and Assertions

Arthur Chapman biodiv_2 at achapman.org
Tue Dec 12 20:31:40 UTC 2017

Just a note to let you know where we are up to with the Tests and
Assertions under Task Group 2.

Since the TDWG Meeting in October, Lee Belbin and I have spend many,
many hours working on the tests.  The Tests have now been split into
CORE tests (mainly use/user independent tests resolving around location,
date and name plus some other admin tests) and SUPPLEMENTAL (use/user
dependent tests that will tie into the Data Quality Profiles developed
under the Framework for Data Quality (TG1)).

All tests have been renamed with consistent names following the general
formula of TYPEOFTESTS_TARGET_ACTION e.g.
VALIDATION_DECIMALLONGITUDE_OUTOFRANGE.

There are now 90 tests listed as CORE and 128 as SUPPLEMENTAL.

All the CORE tests will shortly be loaded into the TDWG BDQ GitHub with
each test as an Issue along with comments and discussions already held.
We ask you to keep an eye on the GitHub and comment on any tests that
you feel need commenting on. We would like discussion to be completed by
15 January 2018.

A small group will meet in mid-January to begin working on developing
code for each test and sorting out any remaining issues.

We thank you for your contributions to this important project

Arthur

--
Arthur Chapman