[dwc-mixs] DwC-MIxS TG - reschedule, follow-up, and next steps

Raissa Meyer raissa.meyer at awi.de
Wed May 19 20:37:33 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Many thanks for the productive meeting last week!

Unfortunately, we’ll have to reschedule our meeting next week because it overlaps with the upcoming GBWG meeting (which many of us are also a part of).

Please fill out the doodle poll <https://doodle.com/poll/cufg6uwi88t4w6uh?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link> by Friday to let us know when you’d be available. We’ll send an updated zoom link accordingly.

To prepare, Pier Luigi and I will take some dedicated time the coming week to work on the TG report <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit?usp=sharing> and are looking forward to discussing it and collectively contributing to it all together when we convene next (based on the doodle poll output). In case you won’t be able to make the alternative option, please feel free to asynchronously contribute to the TG report <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit?usp=sharing>.

Below, please find sections with a summary of our last meeting and next steps.

== SUMMARY ==
For extended notes please see our running notes document <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1569Q7D0Tm03vRQmu2L2WykI63Uk8Aa20GJBC7kUnMZ4/edit#heading=h.vvbbahyuj080>.

We’ve reviewed all DwC-MIxS mappings (semantic and syntactic) to wrap up the mapping. While most stayed as they were, changes for the following were discussed and logged in comments on the issues:
Depth (Issue 13 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/13>): update syntactic predicate for mapping DwC:minimum/maximumDistanceAboveSurfaceInMeters to MIxS:depth (see here <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/13#issuecomment-839548428> & here <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/54#issuecomment-838988018>)
geo_loc_name (Issue 16 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/16>): update semantic predicate for mapping DwC:country to MIxS:geo_loc_name, add additional mapping for DwC:waterBody (see comment <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/16#issuecomment-839571040>)
collection_date (Issue 17 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/17>): update semantic predicate for mapping DwC:eventDate (see comment <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/17#issuecomment-838671641>)
samp_mat_process (Issue 21 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/21>): update semantic predicate for mapping DwC:samplingProtocol (see comment <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/21#issuecomment-838687231>)

Tim and Thomas have also introduced the updates to our extensions based on previous conversations (see Tim’s email from 2021-05-11 for more). The extensions now include:
MIxS-core extension to DwC (primary TG output, including MIxS core terms orthogonal to DwC)
DNA extension (application example, building on the MIxS-core extension, but also including sequence-relevant terms from other standards or checklists)
We’ve updated the report accordingly and briefly discussed the general state of the report.

== NEXT STEPS ==
Write TG report.
Close issues on the mapping after implementing updates based on the discussions of this meeting and the GH issue tracker.

Best regards,
Raïssa and Pier

—

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2996-719X