[dwc-mixs] DwC-MIxS TG meeting summary

Raissa Meyer raissa.meyer at awi.de
Fri Jul 9 17:30:22 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Many thanks for this week’s meeting!

We are now reaching the final phase of our TG activities, with the remaining task being to finish the TG report <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit?usp=sharing> [1]. Pier and I have reviewed most of the current version and addressed open comments and suggestions within.

Please review the updated document <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit?usp=sharing> [1] until next Monday (2021-07-19), so that we can conclude that chapter and send it off to GSC and TDWG before summer vacation time fully hits us.

From our perspective, there is no immediate need to meet next week (2021-07-20, 15:00 UTC), however, we would like to offer the option of discussing any open questions, and will thus have the usual zoom room open regardless.

If there is anything that you would like to discuss with the whole group, please reply to this email to let us and the other members know.

Below, please find a section with a summary of our last meeting.

== SUMMARY ==
For extended notes please see our running notes document <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1569Q7D0Tm03vRQmu2L2WykI63Uk8Aa20GJBC7kUnMZ4/edit#heading=h.ybzu5bc94nbp>.

We took the opportunity of this meeting to discuss remaining issues on our issue tracker:
License associated with the mapping outputs of this TG #67 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/67>
consensus to release it under CC-0
Updates to the SSSOM mapping header #69 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/69> & #68 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/68>
consensus to add contributor names separately
consensus to remove quotes
Noting a new MIxS V6 term #66 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/66>
consensus not to include any new MIxS V6 terms in this release (which is a mapping of DwC to MIxS V5)
Check-in on #65 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/65> “Create example RDF from DwC-A”
no activity was noted, and as it is not necessary for our TG outputs, no activity is needed

Further, we continued writing and reviewing the TG report. The main sections of development were:
Note on Terminology <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.39t5i6sh03jl>
Recommendations for semantic and syntactic alignment <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.lngeaimfnsfr>
Conclusion and outlook <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.pgn3d7oijic2>
Best regards,
Raïssa and Pier

[1] TG report https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit?usp=sharing>
[2] Issue 67: SSSOM license https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/67 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/67>
[3] Issue 69: SSSOM header contributors https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/69 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/69>
[4] Issue 68: SSSOM header quotes https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/68 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/68>
[5] Issue 66: New MIxS V6 term https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/66 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/66>
[6] Issue 65: Example RDF from DwC https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/65 <https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/65>
[7] TG report section: Note on Terminology: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.39t5i6sh03jl <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.39t5i6sh03jl>
[8] TG report section: Recommendations for semantic and syntactic alignment https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.lngeaimfnsfr <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.lngeaimfnsfr>
[9] TG report section: Outlook https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.pgn3d7oijic2 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhb8m2nAahcWDdGtGm_z4Q8qqHbDibWRnPdfGFi9Bv4/edit#heading=h.pgn3d7oijic2>

—

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2996-719X