[dwc-mixs] Darwin Core to MIxS Core mappings - first pass

John Wieczorek tuco at berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 10 05:41:24 UTC 2021

Thanks Tim.

Hi all,

I created a label "DwC Mapping" and applied it to the twelve issues I made (
https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues) for MIxS terms from the "SSSOM mapping
MIxS core" tab on
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k6Xe1OREUVISLjw1XLrtLqWsE7QgvWf7lSIXEbqXDpA/edit#gid=0
that have varying degrees of matching with Darwin Core terms other than
MeasurementOrFacts or ResourceRelationships.

I took the liberty of adding a couple of fields (subject_usage_notes and
subject examples) that were not in the spreadsheet, but that will help
people understand better how the fields are meant to be used. I also did
not include a bunch of fields that were not likely to be useful for
discussion.

Let me know if the format and content of those issues could use improvement.

Cheers,

John